YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to YSU Season Opener!

<< < (6/52) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on June 30, 2015, 11:11:57 AM ---Sorry! I started one personally before 100 days away, and I probably shouldnt have started this one at 70 days. Should I just stop updating it until we hit 30 days? Lol

--- End quote ---

I start listening to Christmas music in October.  It'd be fine with me if the countdown started the day BP was hired.  Don't let anybody kill the buzz.

The YO Show:
I'll keep the count going! But yeah I know summer conditioning started, but when does fall camp start? The first week of August?

IAA Fan:
the rules are pretty simple really. Although they may have changed. In DI (FCS) we can have 29 practice days for camp, (a practice day is any day that there is even the slightest practice. This adds to why the building of WATTS was so important to us), with a max of 90 (I think this is now 100) students participating. There can be 40 sessions that need to be divided as follows:
Days 1-5 can be no more than 1 session per day, no pads & limited contact (usually none beyond hands).
This leaves 24 days to use the remaining 35 sessions. 2-a-days count as 2 sessions.

Most teams have a different schedule once school begins, so the 29-days is calculated back from the first game. Here is an example session & the one I think we will see this year:

8/30 - 9/5: First game week, not part of summer/fall camp.
8/23 - 8/29: 4 days of 2-a-day final practice game short session = 9 units
8/16 - 8/22: some combination of 6 days and 10 sessions = 10 units
8/9 - 8/15: 5 days 2-a-day + 1 session/day is game = 11 units
8/2 - 8/8: a total of 5 days, 1 session per day, no pads, limited contact. 5 units

Probably starting Wednesday August 5, 2015. I will check and let everyone know. Or we can have some of those posters "in the know" tell us.

The YO Show:
64 days

Penguin Nation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1TXXo7OgA4&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version