YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to YSU Season Opener!

<< < (44/52) > >>

IAA Fan:
It has to do with the number of national titles. I enjoy being #1 active (GA Southern is now IA) and #2 overall. Now, because of a bonehead play by ILS in the championship, we are tied with NDSU for #1 and #2. Since we are unable to keep NDSU out of the post-season on our own (with their recent history, it will take 4-losses at a minimum to keep them out), I have to hope for others to do it for us.

go guins:
Sorry 1-AA but IMO, the best way to address that is to win a 5th, not root for more out of conference losses by conference members.  (Again, keeps our destiny under our control)  Besides, although not impossible for NDSU to miss the playoffs this year, it does look pretty unlikely, doesn't it? Being in the strongest 1-AA conference is to YSU's benefit, long term, and the way to keep that reputation is to win the non-conference games!

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 11, 2015, 02:40:02 PM ---It has to do with the number of national titles. I enjoy being #1 active (GA Southern is now IA) and #2 overall. Now, because of a bonehead play by ILS in the championship, we are tied with NDSU for #1 and #2. Since we are unable to keep NDSU out of the post-season on our own (with their recent history, it will take 4-losses at a minimum to keep them out), I have to hope for others to do it for us.

--- End quote ---

I agree!

The YO Show:
24 days

The YO Show:
23 days

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version