YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to YSU Season Opener!

<< < (37/52) > >>

ScarletRook:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 30, 2015, 07:59:53 PM ---Good mention on Sims, Scarlet. It will be interesting. I think Simms is more of an X's and O's & he was very active on the field during games. I am not sure he has as much responsibility at  Pitt & not sure he is much of a strategist. I will tell you one thing ...Shane Montgomery is a quality strategist. Now that he is here .. Carl Pelini is one he!! of a coach as well.

--- End quote ---

IAA:  From what I heard, Sims could break down the opponents game plan, but was held too much in check by the past two DC's as it went against their philosophy more than game plan.   I don't think Sims ever had the responsibility at YSU to change the course of the defense.  He certainly didn't keep fresh legs on the field and I heard him say that he was obligated to play the full scholarship kids first.  Not sure what his reasoning was and he didn't elaborate.  Narduzzi runs the show without a doubt just as Carl Pelini does; however, I believe Pitt has a much better supporting cast.

As far as Shane Montgomery being a quality strategist, I haven't been impressed, but I am not here to argue that point.  I certainly hope you are correct in that observation!  We had a few glimpses of a hurry up offense that seemed to work well compared to watching the game clock evaporate.  New regime - New season.

The YO Show:
35 days

The YO Show:
34 days

The YO Show:
33 days

ysufan0505:
Camp starts today! 1st practice is set for tomorrow!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version