YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to YSU Season Opener!

<< < (3/52) > >>

ysufan0505:
I meant LOL at the number of MVFC wins they had us at. Time to get excited ladies and gents. Pelini is gonna have us back in business!

DoubleE:
ill get excited when we get in the playoffs. the fact we are in the best league in fcs (better then some fbs leagues) makes pelinis job tougher and i dont want undue expectations for year one

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: DoubleE on June 28, 2015, 07:06:17 PM ---ill get excited when we get in the playoffs. the face we are in the best league in fcs (better then some fbs leagues) makes pelinis job tougher and i dont want undue expectations for year one

--- End quote ---

A couple things we have going for us.  Offensive Coordinator intact don't see a lot changing here so learning curve is not there.  2. Pelini is a defensive coach and has the defense with his brother.  I like it.  Should be better than in most transitions with a new HC.

The YO Show:
As optimistic as I am about the season, I guess there is the point that its better to set the bar low and be suprised. I would like for them to make the playoffs, but I'm not sure they will. I think pelini is a good coach and he has the possibility of coming out guns blazing, but there is also the possibility it takes him more than one year to develop the players and the schemes enough to get the team where we all want them to be.

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on June 28, 2015, 08:41:52 PM ---As optimistic as I am about the season, I guess there is the point that its better to set the bar low and be suprised. I would like for them to make the playoffs, but I'm not sure they will. I think pelini is a good coach and he has the possibility of coming out guns blazing, but there is also the possibility it takes him more than one year to develop the players and the schemes enough to get the team where we all want them to be.

--- End quote ---

All solid points. Hey, can't be any worse than Wolf right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version