YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt: WR Tyler Bord Charged with DUI, Suspension Looming?

<< < (2/3) > >>

The YO Show:
So the story mentioned he had a breathalyzer test but the "results are pending". What the heck? Breathalyzer's are instantaneous!

IAA Fan:
The report says they took him to a facility for a blood test; so he knows what he is doing. You are allowed to ask for a qualified doctor in Ohio as well. That allows some time to pass (levels will drop) also you are hoping the police will be too busy to want to do it. In any case, that is why the results are pending ...hospital tests take longer.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on June 15, 2015, 09:57:07 AM ---The report says they took him to a facility for a blood test; so he knows what he is doing. You are allowed to ask for a qualified doctor in Ohio as well. That allows some time to pass (levels will drop) also you are hoping the police will be too busy to want to do it. In any case, that is why the results are pending ...hospital tests take longer.

--- End quote ---

My wife runs these in the lab from time to time. We are in PA, and there is no provision for a Dr. to be on-hand here unless he would be injured.

Depending on how long it took the cop to get him there, and how long it took the phlebotomist to collect the sample are the only 2 factors he would have going in his favor for his levels to drop.

She said it is completely up to the police dept if they use breathalyzer or blood test.

A toxicology panel is often ordered if the police feel there may be other substances involved. These are usually not ordered unless the officer notes that the suspect is far more impaired than what field alcohol tests would suggest.

The YO Show:
Per washington post 1 hour ago: police are filing dui charges against him now.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13084685/police-plan-file-dui-charge-pittsburgh-panthers-wr-tyler-boyd

ysuguins4:
I'm not biased, but I believe he should be suspended for the first game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version