YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball to play at Purdue

<< < (2/4) > >>

ysuguins4:
Glad to hear they are playing at least two money games.

Penguin Nation:
In 2012, we started off the season beating GW and GA.  A few games later we played NDSU.  That year we won the first round of the CIT.

In addition to collecting a check, it helps recruiting, it helps player development, and it increases fan interest.  Games against Theil and Wilberforce give fans the impression we are a sub-D1 school.

It's good to see improvement in MBB scheduling.

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on June 08, 2015, 12:28:53 PM ---In 2012, we started off the season beating GW and GA.  A few games later we played NDSU.  That year we won the first round of the CIT.

In addition to collecting a check, it helps recruiting, it helps player development, and it increases fan interest.  Games against Theil and Wilberforce give fans the impression we are a sub-D1 school.

It's good to see improvement in MBB scheduling.

--- End quote ---

But we are a subpar D-1 school....

go guins:
0505 not sure what you mean by subpar.  If a program is graded on wins and losses only, (and I don't do that) but if you grade that way only, then yes they are below average, but the sum total of all college basketball in -0- so disregarding the mathematical possibility that a school could be 50-50 over time, then at least half the schools in the country are below average or subpar by your grading scale. I think a lot of very good programs, producing a lot of fine young men, are in your subpar category, and I think they deserve more respect.

Penguin Nation:
Five of the last ten seasons, YSU has finished 9th or 10th in the HL.

I think calling that "subpar" is an understatement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version