YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU FB ranked 10th in TSN preseason FCS poll

<< < (2/11) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Here's a hilarious attempt at making a poll:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/05/lfns-fcs-top-25.html

Dartmouth, Harvard, and Bryant make the top 25......but not YSU or SDSU.

1: North Dakota State Bison
2: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
3: Villanova Wildcats
4: Illinois State Redbirds
5: Sam Houston State Bearkats
6: Chattanooga Mocs
7: Eastern Washington Eagles
8: James Madison Dukes
9: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
10: New Hampshire Wildcats
11: Northern Iowa Panthers
12: Montana State Bobcats
13: Liberty Flames
14: Fordham Rams
15: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
16. Indiana St. Sycamores
17: Eastern Illinois Panthers
18: William & Mary Tribe
19: Harvard Crimson
20: Southern Illinois Salukis
21: Samford Bulldogs
22: Montana Grizzlies
23: Bryant Bulldogs
24: Dartmouth Big Green
25: North Carolina A&T Aggie

ValleyTalk:
I used to care about the polls but not anymore. The only spot that will ever matter is being #1. We are in the best conference so if we can unseat NDSU, it can be done.

Until then, let's just go from week to week, ignoring the rankings, and just WINNING!

guinpen:
Polls do not matter, all that matters is getting chosen for the playoffs.

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on May 31, 2015, 01:59:53 PM ---Polls do not matter, all that matters is getting chosen for the playoffs.

--- End quote ---
But the polls go a LONG way to determine who gets chosen for those peskly old playoffs!

IAA Fan:
Really it is only the coaches poll that counts. In that case, I want to start the season as low as possible. It is important to be climbing late in the season, where we have been losing 3 out of the last 4 and falling.

I mean, we could lose a couple of games and as long as we demonstrate progress ...then have a shot at the post-season. Not that there is anything good about any loss, but I also feel that it is important that we stop losing to the teams above us in the standings, as that just makes YSU the conference dividing point when it comes to selections.

If we had to lose 3 conference games ...we would be better off losing to an MVFC bottom-dweller & 2 of three conference top-3 clubs, than losing to all of the top-3. It should not be that way, but it is. That would mean we have a record good enough to get in the play-off field and we have a win over a play-off bound MVFC club. Yet we would have the same record either way. If we can knock off any of the top MVFC clubs ...the selection committee has to take us more seriously.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version