YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU FB ranked 10th in TSN preseason FCS poll

<< < (6/11) > >>

The YO Show:
Figured I would throw my two cents in here, I cant remember the name of the team, but i remember one of the last three years, there was a team that made the playoffs because it was a conference champion but had a losing record (it was either 5 or 6 and 7 if i remember). I realize this is a separate issue, but felt it was a relevant point to add to the discussion of whether or not the current system has flaws with playoff selection.

Penguin Nation:
In 2013, Lafayette started the season 1-5, and then won 4 of its last five to finish 5-6.  However, they won the woeful Patriot League with a 4-1 record.  In the first round of the playoffs, they lost 45-7.

In yet another FCS playoff committee farce, the Patriot league was given one at-large bid to Fordham.  The MVFC also only got one at-large bid...to SDSU......leaving #18th ranked YSU (8-4/5-3) at home.

I am fine with auto-bids for all conferences....even for teams with losing records in 1AAA conferences.  I am not fine with absurd at-large bids to 1AAA teams over 1AA teams.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on June 04, 2015, 10:58:31 PM ---In 2013, Lafayette started the season 1-5, and then won 4 of its last five to finish 5-6.  However, they won the woeful Patriot League with a 4-1 record.  In the first round of the playoffs, they lost 45-7.

In yet another FCS playoff committee farce, the Patriot league was given one at-large bid to Fordham.  The MVFC also only got one at-large bid...to SDSU......leaving #18th ranked YSU (8-4/5-3) at home.

I am fine with auto-bids for all conferences....even for teams with losing records in 1AAA conferences.  I am not fine with absurd at-large bids to 1AAA teams over 1AA teams.

--- End quote ---

Excellent  points.  I agree.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on June 05, 2015, 07:42:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on June 04, 2015, 10:58:31 PM ---In 2013, Lafayette started the season 1-5, and then won 4 of its last five to finish 5-6.  However, they won the woeful Patriot League with a 4-1 record.  In the first round of the playoffs, they lost 45-7.

--- End quote ---

Excellent  points.  I agree.

--- End quote ---

Without a doubt, mind boggling

IAA Fan:
You people that think it should be the top-20 or 24 ranked teams in the play-off are crazy. You would soon have no conferences, no non-football men's sports. Each conference should have 2 guaranteed spots ...no more. Could be less if they do not have at least 9 teams in the conference. Could be more if a onferenc4e does not have two teams that meet the requirements. regular-season OOC records should mean nothing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version