YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU FB ranked 10th in TSN preseason FCS poll

<< < (3/11) > >>

ysufan0505:
All that matters is at the end of the season.

Penguin Nation:
Some polls matter some.  YSU has used favorable polling to promote games.  The SRS is a poll of sorts that definitely matters. 

Is a "bad loss" negated by a "good win"? I think so if the bad loss is early and the good win is late. 

If I were to make a top 25 poll, 8/10 MVFC teams would be ranked...with the understanding that the two unranked teams (USD and MSU) would knock off most average non-MVFC teams..and would place in the upper 30.

go guins:
Good wins do usually offset bad losses.  I know it's not YSU, but last year OSU had a bad loss against VT and a good win against MSU to get to the Big10 championship game.  Other way around?  Outta here! 

We lose to Missouri State and beat NDSU and we'll be in the playoffs, no doubt in my mind.  Other way around, doubtful.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on June 01, 2015, 02:56:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on May 31, 2015, 01:59:53 PM ---Polls do not matter, all that matters is getting chosen for the playoffs.

--- End quote ---
But the polls go a LONG way to determine who gets chosen for those peskly old playoffs!

--- End quote ---

To clarify my statement, I do not care if we are number 1 or number 20 especially preseason.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on June 01, 2015, 07:57:48 PM ---Some polls matter some.  YSU has used favorable polling to promote games.  The SRS is a poll of sorts that definitely matters. 

Is a "bad loss" negated by a "good win"? I think so if the bad loss is early and the good win is late. 

If I were to make a top 25 poll, 8/10 MVFC teams would be ranked...with the understanding that the two unranked teams (USD and MSU) would knock off most average non-MVFC teams..and would place in the upper 30.

--- End quote ---

The SRS is complete bullsh**.  It is made up by the committee  so they can justify whomever they want to take.  Look back 2 years ago they took Sam Houston  state over us and we had a better record with more division  1 wins and played in a better conference  and had a higher SOS. They were taken over us?
The selection and seeding process is corrupt.   I recall mvfc teams being seeded but sent on the road to high school  stadiums to play fcs teams that played in weak conferences.  Complete  bullsh**.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version