YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Big 10 Transfer

<< < (16/16)

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on June 23, 2015, 12:00:46 PM ---For anybody that does not yet understand the enormous promotional value to our university that Tressel and Pelini provide, I urge you to read the comments from Michigan State fans on the bottom of the page that 0505 linked.  Not one negative word about YSU, Pelini, or Powell.  I really love one fan's assessment of Powell: "he hits like a train."  How long has it been since we have seen that from our defense?  This just accelerates the transition from Wolford's "athletes" to Pelini's "football players."

--- End quote ---

Interesting comments by the MSU fans, they obviously think a great deal of Jaylin and Bo, class.

ysufan0505:
MSU fans had a lot of class. Not one bad word about this kid. Good to see....

I'm interested to see where they play him. Is he big enough for LB? I say play at him safety where he's more comfortable obviously.

go guins:
Our biggest problem during all the Wolford years was we couldn't cover anybody.  If we had a LB that could hit hard and cover a TE or RB out of the backfield, it would free up a safety to double a WR.  I liked some of the Derek Rivers at LB in the spring game.  "Hides" him and confuses blocking schemes.  More pressure, better coverage, good combination!

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: go guins on June 24, 2015, 02:45:24 PM ---Our biggest problem during all the Wolford years was we couldn't cover anybody.  If we had a LB that could hit hard and cover a TE or RB out of the backfield, it would free up a safety to double a WR.  I liked some of the Derek Rivers at LB in the spring game.  "Hides" him and confuses blocking schemes.  More pressure, better coverage, good combination!

--- End quote ---

I liked that they moved Rivers around too. At the beginning of the scrimmage a lot of defenders were walking around changing positions before the snap. Seemed like they went away from it later but it was a nice surprise.

If they can get that in place in that little bit of coaching time I'm looking forward to what will be in place after a full camp.

go guins:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on June 25, 2015, 09:39:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on June 24, 2015, 02:45:24 PM ---Our biggest problem during all the Wolford years was we couldn't cover anybody.  If we had a LB that could hit hard and cover a TE or RB out of the backfield, it would free up a safety to double a WR.  I liked some of the Derek Rivers at LB in the spring game.  "Hides" him and confuses blocking schemes.  More pressure, better coverage, good combination!

--- End quote ---

I liked that they moved Rivers around too. At the beginning of the scrimmage a lot of defenders were walking around changing positions before the snap. Seemed like they went away from it later but it was a nice surprise.

If they can get that in place in that little bit of coaching time I'm looking forward to what will be in place after a full camp.

--- End quote ---
Agree 100%  I'm really looking forward to this year! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version