YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Big 10 Transfer

<< < (13/16) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on June 10, 2015, 07:17:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on June 10, 2015, 06:41:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on June 10, 2015, 05:45:06 PM ---Along with the lineman from Nebraska, Powell would be the second Pelini transfer who actually played in a Big Ten game.  Much better than taking big time program "mistakes" who never saw the field.

--- End quote ---

To add to your point . This kid is the real deal.  Came home for good reasons not bad ones.  He will also be versitile.  Excellent  addition  to the defense. He may also be able to help on offense.  Heard he had a high ceiling  and was projected to start.

--- End quote ---

Saw action in 9 games, made 5 tackles as a backup. Let's not this make this kid out to be the second coming of Charles Woodson. Trust me, I'm excited to have him but let's keep our expectations in check here.

--- End quote ---

But he was a freshman this year and still played on a defense  that was top 5

YSUGO:
You guys amaze me.  This will be an upgrade to what we have look at the tape do some research.  The kid played wherever they needed him at Harding.  He was on a loaded team and actually was moved to star linebacker for the bowl game and did a great job against Baylor.  Pelini knows Defense and I trust him on getting the most out of this kid.  Do a little research his 40 time was not as bad at what was stated. He is a hitter and seems to be around the ball.  Can't wait to see him light somebody up.

YSUGO:
Narduzzi recruited that kid and he knows Defense as well.

JP21:
Where in the article does it say he was transferring to Youngstown State, apparently I missed it.

The YO Show:
The article didn't actually say he was transferring to YSU. Its not official yet. But it is leaking he was interested in leaving. Not sure why either if its about playing time. He will see quite abit on a top 5 defense no less. But glad to get him! Per Joe Scalzo on twitter: "I can confirm there's mutual interest between Jalyn Powell (Michigan State / Warren Harding) and YSU. Expect decision either way next week". He tweeted that on June 12. Hope it does become official this week!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version