YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Big 10 Transfer

<< < (2/16) > >>

go guins:
sorry, that rules out lottery and age. 
doesn't matter.  wonder who the big transfer is?
I don't see anything on the internet.

Wick250:
I was hoping and expecting that we would be in a much better position to gain transfers from big time programs.  Consider these two scenarios:

May 2014.  A kid at a big time program finds himself buried on the depth chart and wants to transfer.  He contacts his old high school coach who tells him to consider YSU and play for Eric Wolford.  The kid's response: "Who?"

May 2015.  Same scenario, but now the old high school coach advises the kid to go to YSU and play for Bo Pelini.  The kid's response: "Wow!"

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 19, 2015, 02:57:07 PM ---5050, I think YSUGO just want's some of his 15 minutes of fame!
(BTW, what's the significance of the 5050?  Lottery reference?)

--- End quote ---

Lucky numbers for myself! Always kept it haha.

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on May 19, 2015, 03:33:42 PM ---I was hoping and expecting that we would be in a much better position to gain transfers from big time programs.  Consider these two scenarios:

May 2014.  A kid at a big time program finds himself buried on the depth chart and wants to transfer.  He contacts his old high school coach who tells him to consider YSU and play for Eric Wolford.  The kid's response: "Who?"

May 2015.  Same scenario, but now the old high school coach advises the kid to go to YSU and play for Bo Pelini.  The kid's response: "Wow!"

--- End quote ---

Yep. Say what you want about Pelini, but the name carries weight for sure with the younger generation.

go guins:
Funny thing about transfers, us and other schools.  Yes there is occasionally a Russell Wilson and others, but MOST don't work out nearly as much as the hype would lead you to expect.  Remember Louis Irizarry?  He was going to be the TE of D-1 at OSU and ended up as barely OK at YSU.  Same for Najee Tyler the QB from Purdue.  We have done OK with JC transfers, but bigger school guys stepping down, not so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version