YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Big 10 Transfer

<< < (4/16) > >>

goodnews:
The parents of the current football recruits are still of the generation where you respect elders and discipline was taught in school and local sports.  However, we are quickly approaching the parent that wants each kid get a trophy and everyone is equal.  I personally respect Pelinis passion for his profession.  To be honest I am more embarrassed about the response of a few administrators at YSU regarding the "straight day at YSU recently.  Its proof that you cant always have your cake and eat it too... 

IAA Fan:
I do not agree about the O-Line Go ...you said it yourself ...lack of depth. Also our lines, until the last year & 1/2 were too light and too tall. Lack of strength led to early and obvious holes that were easily exploited by our opposition.

He inherited the Heacock/Tressel tradition of depth with guys like Rodemoyer, Page, Elkins, Radakovich, Coates, DJ Main, Sinko and Mays. He lost Colgrove, Figerora, Dugan, Brown, O'Hara and Sazdanoff from the O-line; then Wolf recruited 6 D linemen (far more than we needed) & had to bring in a JUCO in Herdman for the O...Wolf's O-Line frosh (Conlan and Green) did not work out, forcing him to go JUCO again in 12. His 12 & 13 classes were better and we saw the difference that it made. W took over a team with 2 starting center's and 2-reserve & ended up moving a guy over in 14. I am a firm believer in the fact that you need 10 starting down-linemen on each side of the ball.

Also our d-linemen were good at getting their hands up, but could not penetrate. This put more pressure on our dbacks & exposed them.

ValleyTalk:
Can we have any clues?  The number of local kids playing in the B1G is not as substantial as in the past.

ysufan0505:
I have heard nothing about any transfer....

penguinpower:
Soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version