YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pelini follows Tressel lead on less pay

<< < (2/2)

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 19, 2015, 09:52:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on May 18, 2015, 05:23:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on May 18, 2015, 11:06:24 AM ---Wait a minute, Tressel may be making less than his predecessor, but Pelini is NOT making less, he is making far more!

--- End quote ---
Not sure what you are talking about? YSU is paying Pelini less than Wolford. They can because Nebraska must buy out Pelini's contract.

--- End quote ---
What do you mean you don't understand what I am talking about?  I SAID " Pelini is NOT making less, he is making far more!"  Isn't that clear??  You say "YSU is paying Pelini less than Wolford” which is also true but NOT contradictory to what I said.  IMO, YSU is FOOLISH for paying Pelini more than a $1 a year.  It affects Pelini's income -0-

--- End quote ---

Perhaps  Pelini's contract with Nebraska  prevented him for getting paid $1 per year.  I think if he did it below market value  the payout was voided.  Nebraska  pays the difference  between what he makes now and what he was owed.

Taking  lower pay but still remaining competitive  among other mvfc  coaches help YSU with costs, keeps Pelini whole and forces Nebraska  to pay.

There is nothing  wrong here.

Penguin Nation:
From the Vindy:

"YSU’s board of trustees extended Tressel’s contract, which ends in June, for at least one more year, continuing his annual salary of $300,000.

Despite the trustees’ offer to increase Tressel’s salary about $75,000, Tressel would not take it, and he refuses any kind of raise because of the university’s financial difficulty.

The new contract agreement calls for a one-year extension through June 2018. It also calls for three separate additional one-year extension options that could carry the contract through June 2021."

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/dec/02/tressels-pact-extended-least-1-year/

JT proves once again he is a class act.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version