YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

New Video board for Stambaugh

<< < (3/11) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Spiderlegs on May 14, 2015, 08:30:53 PM ---We don't have money for faculty and staff salaries, but we have money to fix scoreboards and stadium lights. YSU has lost track of its priorities.

--- End quote ---

Whom ever you see advertising on the board in August, will be who is paying for it.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on May 15, 2015, 10:49:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: Spiderlegs on May 14, 2015, 08:30:53 PM ---We don't have money for faculty and staff salaries, but we have money to fix scoreboards and stadium lights. YSU has lost track of its priorities.

--- End quote ---

Whom ever you see advertising on the board in August, will be who is paying for it.

--- End quote ---

1AA, just curious, but come fall there is this great new video board with a Pepsi logo all over it, are you going to "update" your tag line at the bottom of each posting?  Just asking!

ysufan0505:
Even the small scoreboard is getting updated!

https://mobile.twitter.com/YoungstownStFB/status/599229602356187136

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 15, 2015, 11:04:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on May 15, 2015, 10:49:35 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

1AA, just curious, but come fall there is this great new video board with a Pepsi logo all over it, are you going to "update" your tag line at the bottom of each posting?  Just asking!

--- End quote ---

No, I want my Coke back. If Pepsi decides to release a version using real cane sugar ...I may rethink my position. :)

ValleyTalk:
Here you go spider...

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Penguin fans will notice a big difference in the end zone when attending home games at Stambaugh Stadium this coming football season.

Workers were at Beede Field this week dismantling the existing 17 by 12.5 foot DiamondVision display installed in 2004.

It will be replaced by a new, larger videoboard that will cost between $350,000 and $400,000.

Assistant Director of Athletic Marketing & Promotions, Robb Schmidt says no public funds are being used for the new videoboard.

According to Schmidt, funding for the project is coming from Pepsi as part of its 10- year “pouring” rights contract with Youngstown State.

YSU has previously funded other scoreboard projects in the same way.

YSU has supplied 21 News with a rendering of what the new videoboard is expected look like when fans return for the first home game on September 12.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version