YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League to add 10th member

<< < (5/6) > >>

Dmorton:
get rid of Westminster and Thiel while you're at it!

ELPENGUIN:
We must play the Wilberforce's and Westminster's of the world to get home games and use these games as contests to test your strength and weaknesses and to find that solid block of 8 that will be the lineup for the Horizon League schedule. We do not have the pesos to bring in opponents who demand a high fee or a 4 to 1 return contract.  Do you not understand how scheduling works?

Penguin Nation:
I'm not buying it......we don't have to have a feeble OOC schedule that is less exciting to the fans than reruns of The Lawrence Welk Show.....here's the UWGB schedule.....another HL school with only a modestly larger athletic budget to YSU.

http://www.greenbayphoenix.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=109993&SPID=13663&DB_OEM_ID=22500&Q_SEASON=2014

IAA Fan:
Yes I see that schedule, it has as much junk as our ...probably 1 team more:

Ripon basketball (basically high school).
Springfield University ...did they not just move up and become part of the state system ...used to be NAIA. Not sure but I think they are DIII.
Minnesota Deluth DII
Drake
Morehead:
GA State

Drake and Morehead are not the teams of old.

Then UWGB plays one "can be" solid Mid-Major in Chicago State before they go into conference play. That is their bracket-buster return.

I do not see your point. The only team on that schedule that should be competitive with Green Bay is Chicago State. Now if your point is that we need to seek out tournaments ...then I would agree. However, Slocum & Strollo have had some recent success there.

Penguin Nation:
Wisky, FGCU, Miami (who they beat), and Evansville.....and you don't see significant differences in our OOC schedules?

Ripon was an exhibition FWIW.

I'm not opposed to scheduling a few creampuffs to give the fans some red meat...and give the entire roster some playing time....but seriously...we need some opponents to excite the fans.  I agree w/ MAC opponents...especially local ones like Kent....and I liked prior games against GWU and GA...both of which we won.....but those types of opponents should be an annual occurrence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version