YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Women’s Basketball Fall Signees Update

<< < (3/3)

Observer:
IAA hmmmm i could swear I heard some of those points somewhere  ;).  But very well explained nonetheless.  I would have to disagree with you on one point though,  The YSU women's track "team" may perform at a higher level, but this is probably due to the NCAA limit on scholarships in that sport 12.6 for men 18 for women.  No idea if YSU is fully funded or not (though I would suspect not).  I would say YSU track and field seemingly gets much better individuals on the men's side, 3 all-american awards on the men's side alone last year, plus a podium finish.  These things have not happened on the women's side.  So while Women's track may be doing "better" in terms of championships the Men's team is playing more of a national "avertising role".  I would think the latter would be better for an athletic department.   

P.S.   I have a very loose association with the NCAA track and field world (a cousin) but a trusted one, and it seems that YSU has one of the better coaches in the country tutoring the throwers on its track team.  There isn't a great deal to go on in his Bio, but from a historical standpoint he may be one of the best coaches YSU has ever had, in any sport.  It would be nice to hear more about him.

ysufan0505:
Some happenings going on.

Dana Balash @DanaBalash21  ·  1h 1 hour ago
.@21WFMJSports  YSU Women's basketball player Krista Pietropola transfers to Slippery Rock. She played in 22 games, avg. 1 point &1 rebound.

Dana Balash @DanaBalash21  ·  1h 1 hour ago
.@21WFMJSports  YSU Women's assistant hoop coach Brenna Bankston has left the staff

Wick250:
Wish the best for Pietropola.  She would have been a starter on any Hill or Martin team.  But there would be little playing time for her on this monster team that Barnes is forging.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on May 07, 2015, 05:48:19 PM ---Wish the best for Pietropola.  She would have been a starter on any Hill or Martin team.  But there would be little playing time for her on this monster team that Barnes is forging.

--- End quote ---

I agree

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version