YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ron Brown leaving

<< < (2/7) > >>

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on April 21, 2015, 07:27:23 PM ---Turner Gill is the HC @ Liberty.  Both ex Nebraska guys.  I met Ron Brown class act.

--- End quote ---

Turner Gill really fell off the map.  Remember when he was the next big thing?

Ron Brown will easily be replaced.

Penguin Nation:
Liberty is the only FCS school thus far to offer FCOA scholarships, and likely will be moving soon to the FBS.  This seems like a really good fit for Coach Brown.

Our loss.

IAA Fan:
I think that you are probably correct Nation. I simply do not know coach Brown.

Liberty will likely move up ...very nice college. Sam Ruttigliano went there (after they gave Tressel and not Sam the YSU job) & he was very successful. He then left the HC spot and became assistant Chancellor of Liberty. That is a very powerful position.

Wick250:
Given his religious proclivities, this is a good move for Brown and for us.  We don't really need any non-football related controversy.  Liberty undoubtedly is building to "move up," but they will be disappointed.  The new NCAA policy mandates that a FCS team can advance to FBS status only if they are admitted into an established FBS conference.  I don't see public universities, even in the South, welcoming an intense and extreme religious institution that has nearly unlimited money to spend on sports.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on April 22, 2015, 03:11:23 PM ---Given his religious proclivities, this is a good move for Brown and for us.  We don't really need any non-football related controversy.  Liberty undoubtedly is building to "move up," but they will be disappointed.  The new NCAA policy mandates that a FCS team can advance to FBS status only if they are admitted into an established FBS conference.  I don't see public universities, even in the South, welcoming an intense and extreme religious institution that has nearly unlimited money to spend on sports.

--- End quote ---

Boston College*
Notre Dame*
Holy Cross*
Creighton*
Fordham
Georgetown*
Loyola*
Marquette*
St Louis*
Dayton*
Portland
Villanova*
Xavier*

Those are just some of the Catholic Schools alone, those with asterisks have national championships to their credit (in either football and/or basketball) ...plenty of National championships here. There are many more Christian schools. The largest of which is probably Brigham Young and TCU. So Liberty is not even close to extreme & could do very well for themselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version