YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Vindy Article in today's Sunday paper by Scalzo.

(1/4) > >>

YSUGO:
Comments by the ex Warren Harding rob are very troubling to me.  Said players were burned out and didn't want to play anymore at end of season and basically how I read into it ranked it. They didn't want to Play in the cold weather!  Wtf.   Etc.  Like Pelini said this team has lacked leadership from the players.  Seriously the cold weather comment and just wanting the season to end bothers me.

Penguin Nation:
The link:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/apr/19/softer-pelini-emerges-in-spring/

Should half the effort result in half a scholarship?  When I went to YSU, I left for work at 3 am to work as a janitor at St Es before classes.  Others had two jobs in addition to classes.  Not wanting to play in the cold? Are you F--cking kidding me? Justin Beiber may have more stones than that.

Wick250:
Whatever Wofford was selling, too many of his players were not buying into it.  Think back to those terrible November home losses to SDSU in 2013 and Indiana State in 2014.  In retrospect, we did indeed look like a team that just wanted to get the season over with. 

The comment about the cold weather seems hilarious on the surface, but it was a byproduct of Wofford's southern recruiting strategy.  A few players from Dixie are fine, but it is a very good thing that Pelini is striving to restore Tressel's "State of Youngstown."  Get players that will embrace the weather and use it as our advantage in a long playoff run.

Spiderlegs:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on April 19, 2015, 10:54:04 AM ---Said players were burned out and didn't want to play anymore at end of season and basically how I read into it ranked it. They didn't want to Play in the cold weather!  Wtf.   

--- End quote ---

The 2013 season definitely ended this way. I've also heard players say the same thing about the end of that season.  I don't know that I can this about 2014.

penguinpower:
The statement about cold weather is a symptom of what was happening under Wolford.   Too bad.  We had some good players.  Team sport.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version