YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

State of men’s basketball

<< < (8/33) > >>

jbags:
Just find it hard to believe that I used to stand in line 2 hours before games at Struthers Field House to watch a Division 2 YSU play Akron or Gannon or Philadelphia Textile. Or even believe that OU, Minnesota, Northwestern, South Alabama, LaSalle, C. Michigan, E. Michigan, Buffalo, Radford, Canisius ever came here to Beeghley. Now our home schedule has the likes of Warren Wilson, Thiel, and Hiram. I dont know what happened or even how to fix it, but somebody somewhere must have an answer. I just know I miss those days when I couldnt wait to see a game

paladin:
When you talk about anything in the athletic dept.................... it all starts FIRST with STROLLO. Everything follows after that.  8)

There is NO ACCOUNTABILITY at YSU. Its the good old boys club. Until that changes , you'll watch a third rate program, if you are still dumb enough to be there to watch.

IAA Fan:
First of all I will ALWAYS be in favor of the "good old boys club" it is the way any serious program operates. Rules are on paper ...nowhere else. Come on down to Columbus for a day, you will see what I mean.

Strollo's son ...he is a non-factor. He is on remission as the child of faculty, so he has no need for any scholarship dollars. Let him play & he will end up where he ends up. So why complain? I would expect the same for any of your sons/daughters if you were an employee.

Strollo: wonderful AD and I could not ask for more. When he leaves, we will all be worse off as a program.

Slocum: He is what he is. I like him & am happy he is here. I wish we had more success, but MBB is at the appropriate concern level right now. It has to fall below facilities, women's sports and football. If we were able to pull in the nation's basketball best players, I would still be happy to have Slocum at the helm. In the mean time he has good fundamental coaching skills, affording us the ability to recruit untapped talent. He is also prepping a good replacement for when he does retire. Even if we hired outside, I see Slocum as being an integral part of the transition. After all ...he is a "good ole boy".

guinpen:
Who the heck cares if Strollos kid is on the bench, I doubt he is taking someones scholarship.

I also believe that we need a new coach, I think that Jerry tries his best but just not getting it done.

I do not understand why we keep him,

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: guinpen on March 26, 2015, 07:26:12 PM ---Who the heck cares if Strollos kid is on the bench, I doubt he is taking someones scholarship.

I also believe that we need a new coach, I think that Jerry tries his best but just not getting it done.

I do not understand why we keep him,

--- End quote ---
His father is AD and full-time at YSU, thus he would not need a scholarship as he'd be going for nothing.

The real question, is Plummer next? According to someone on here, he had an altercation of some sort during the year which led him to the bench.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version