YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

State of men’s basketball

<< < (7/33) > >>

ysufan0505:
Just keep lining up the excuses for this guy.... It's amazing. No other university would put up with the kind of mediocrity that Slocum puts out here.... Lol

paladin:
Hey,05.... Strollo does  it quite well.   Hired  Jerry . Extended him. And now his son is on the team. One big happy family !  8)

IAA Fan:
Popsicle, I was talking about football primarily for the Florida guys.

05, I will say it again ...you are blinded by your dislike for Slocum.

Paladin, you have no credibility as you hate YSU; so who cares? Please don't pull your usual, by joking with one of your alter-egos or by martyring yourself as some sort of truth-Sayer.

ysufan0505:
And you my friend, are blinded by the BS that comes out of Strollo's mouth. Overshadowing the fact that this man has 2 winning seasons in 10 years and is still here!! Unbelievable.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  Two different issues we are talking about here.  The first is the lack of success in basketball is on Slocum.  I don' t think any other division 1 program in the country would have let this disaster go on this long.  Sad thing is I hear the powers at YSU think Slocum is doing a good job, his performance is pathetic.

Second issue is Ron Strollo failing to address the issue and fire this stiff.   Also, when Butler left the Horizon League become a much lesser conference.    No reason to be in or near the basement every year.

Not even sure to begin with Strollo's son,  saw him play in high school and likely would be a very good fit at a Division 3 school like Mt. Union.   But if he gets any significant playing time at YSU we are worse than I thought.   I can't imagine that there is pressure from above to play him, and i really can't believe Slocum would let that happen.  I am no fan of Slocum. but Strollo's kid would not be able to play D-2, let alone here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version