YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

New Sport: Women's Bowling

<< < (2/9) > >>

go guins:
Where does/would hockey team play?  Ice Zone or Covelli?

ysufan0505:
Love hockey!!! Will definitely support!

paladin:
 I really have to shake my head. Enrollment is declining and YSU is in major financial difficulty. Attendance is dropping seriously at football and MBB, the money sports. And people are talking adding sports ? With what money ? Someone wants wrestling ? Now hockey ? You are sliding deeper into trouble and everyone wants to party. Must be in Youngstown !

go guins:
paladin, at least you are consistant.  Always the "downer."  Yes enrollment has been down, and football attendance has been falling, but JT and BP have been brought in to fix both and I hate to see us try to repeat the historically successful program of trying to "save" ourselves into success.  I don't know about hockey, bowling or whatever adding much to the university, but we can't just do the same old thing and expect different results.  I would be willing to bet JT will increase enrollment, increase graduation rates, and add 100 million to the YSU endowments in his time as President.  I don't doubt the football record also improves.

CookieMonsterSig:
Hockey is trying to come back as a club sport run through the Campus Rec, not a varsity athletic team.

The article even highlighted it...

--- Quote ---“It’s really competitive club hockey,”
--- End quote ---

YSU's Club Hockey will be right there with our bass fishing & ultimate Frisbee teams. While our Women's Bowling team will be on the level of our other varsity athletic teams.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version