YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt @ Akron week after playing us

<< < (3/4) > >>

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: DoubleE on March 02, 2015, 10:25:51 PM ---do we know how much we pay visitors for playing @ YSU ?

--- End quote ---

$100 bucks and all the Pepsi they can drink, right IAA.

Just kidding I have no clue.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: DoubleE on March 02, 2015, 10:25:51 PM ---do we know how much we pay visitors for playing @ YSU ?

--- End quote ---

$30K ...I think ...

YsuPride:
Montana State would be great to play.    They are a playoff team and would give us strength of schedule points

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on March 03, 2015, 11:42:14 AM ---

--- End quote ---

$100 bucks and all the Pepsi they can drink, right IAA.

Just kidding I have no clue.

--- End quote ---

I don't know. With Coke, we could get away with $100 ...with Pepsi they may want $250k and we agree to keep the soda pop ;)

Seriously though, we can pay the non-scholarship programs less than we could a contender. At $200k I would not go to Montana State. We could bus somewhere and get paid the same. Back when Tressel was AD, we were paying the DII's about $30k + expenses. That figure did go up as I recall, but do not remember the amounts.

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 28, 2015, 10:12:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguin4ever on February 28, 2015, 03:04:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 28, 2015, 08:07:06 AM ---While we play Robert Morris after Pitt.   So excited for that.

--- End quote ---

Strollo always has had excuses on why he schedules lower fcs schools. there is no excuse to not go after the likes of Villanova, Towson, Delaware and others. Those games would put more butts in the stands.

--- End quote ---

yes there is ...nothing but money games and cupcakes until will make the post-season. 

Also Ohio State is playing a return baseball game at Cafaro. Yet we will all complain about schedules and 20 people will show up for the contests.

--- End quote ---
The majority of F.B.S. school's use the same approach with their non-conference schedule's to become bowl eligible and the F.C.S school's are really know different. I still think Y.S.U. needs to play a stronger non-conference slate to get them ready for M.V.C. play. Last year's games against Duquesne , Butler , and St. Francis did nothing to get us ready for Missouri St. and W.I.U and it showed...then finally we got thing's going. I just hope we're ready to play a much improved South Dakota team on the road after being home to Robert Morris and St. Francis. I just feel some of the top team's in our conference play a better non-conference slate then we do and it helps them in conference play and in the long run. Sometimes calculated risks are worth the rewards. plus it gives a team a more sense of urgency against a quality non-conference foe..It's really hard for the players to get up for some teams we play..But I do understand what Y.S.U. is trying to accomplish here..maybe down the road when we get back to the playoffs on a regular basis we can play a stronger non-conference schedule to help with attendance and a strong playoff push..it can't hurt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version