YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

CONGRATS!! To the UNI Panthers!!

<< < (3/8) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on February 27, 2015, 10:46:53 AM ---So how deep will their BBall team need to go in order to not be considered choke artists like their football team?

--- End quote ---

Funny

guinpen:

--- Quote from: DoubleE on February 28, 2015, 04:08:24 PM ---and the UNI goes and loses today to Wichita State

--- End quote ---

Ok Congrats UNI.

IAA Fan:
So why would anyone want Strollo gone? I mean we have grown so much as a university under his watch. Sports have improved so dramatically. It just goes to show, if you do not win in football and MBB ..then people do not care.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 28, 2015, 10:07:35 PM ---So why would anyone want Strollo gone? I mean we have grown so much as a university under his watch. Sports have improved so dramatically. It just goes to show, if you do not win in football and MBB ..then people do not care.

--- End quote ---

sad but true

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: guinpen on March 01, 2015, 12:05:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 28, 2015, 10:07:35 PM ---So why would anyone want Strollo gone? I mean we have grown so much as a university under his watch. Sports have improved so dramatically. It just goes to show, if you do not win in football and MBB ..then people do not care.

--- End quote ---

sad but true

--- End quote ---

FB and MBB are the #1 and #2 revenue generating sports at YSU.  Failure in these sports adversely affects the athletic department budget and all other sports.  Media coverage of success in FB or MBB enormously overshadows any Olympic sport success.  For example, when I went to school in DC in the 90s, and ppl would see my YSU shirt, I'd not infrequently be told they watched YSU FB games on TV and they'd ask about the program.  I have yet to have a single person ask me about Indoor Track.

Success in Olympic sports is no excuse for underachieving FB or MBB programs, and failure in these revenue generating sports is AD malpractice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version