YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Ball

<< < (2/6) > >>

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 23, 2015, 03:52:55 PM ---I don't know Durden other than his Lowndes High School highlights as I see nothing available on USF time.  I don't want to downplay potential contributions from Dortch, Rivers and Thompson but they couldn't beat out the cooking show host for a starting spot and I don't think good ol' Julia Childs could cover me! 
Durden has good size but what were eligibility issues?
I have no idea about where for Moss, but somewhere is a pretty good bet!  Obviously more holes inside than DE, but maybe a DE goes to OL to further improve edge rush.  Best way to cover for secondary is pass rush.

--- End quote ---

USF held him up because they did not want him to leave in the 1st place. Sabotage.

ysuguins4:
I'll be most interested in following the progress of the secondary.  I am also curious as to how much time Ricky Davis sees at QB with the first team O.  Is Bo as sold on Wells as Monty is?

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I feel much better about the defense as a whole heading into the spring then last fall. With the exception of Williams it will be interesting how the younger receivers step up in their roles. We our still thin in that area and I expect some true freshman to contribute in the fall. With only 3 active Qb's on the roster due to Wargo transferring all 3 need reps with the 1st team. I'm also curious to see if Pelini is sold on Wells. Does Bo have Montgomery change the complexity of the offense and tone it down to bring out more of Ricky's strengths? The one good thing is Wells has been able to add a significant amount of weight and could be up to 220 by the summer camp.

ScarletRook:
I like Davis  and like his mobility...There were a few games that Wells could have walked for a first down and threw the ball away.  Chalking it up to being a freshman, but even he admits he doesn't like to run.
With Pelini being a defensive coach, I expect Montgomery will have full reign and Hunter will be the man.  I just hope that we utilize our RB's and TE for a change as we have an enviable stable.

go guins:
I find the interest in Davis confusing.  Obviously Montgomery was 100% "taken" with him.  If Pelini decided to keep Montgomery, then that's the way we are going.  All of football is about throwning and Wells is our best thrower.  The comment about being able to "walk for 1st downs" is a little be of a reach, but it would be better if Wells could move a little better, but oh well, it's Wells! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version