YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Ball

(1/6) > >>

mvfc penguin:
When spring ball starts on March 17(St. Patricks Day), who will be the biggest surprises and letdowns of spring? Especially with some of the new players and players having to step up into bigger roles such as Jacob Wood (TE), Cole Newsome (Center), and Itavious Hrvin (WR).

go guins:
I "HOPE" biggest surprise is a couple cornerbacks and at least 1 safety!

mvfc penguin:
Kenneth Durden is eligible to play now so that will be an upgrade at CB, and Nate Dortch is a very underrated corner. They both will be very tough for opposing quarterbacks to throw at especially with an upgraded corner coach. With having Jameel Smith coming back at Safety there is some uncertainty there, but not as much as having an unproven player come in. So I feel that we will be fine in those areas.

ysufan0505:
Man, Durden would have been huge for us last year! Glad to have him on board this year. Along with Dortch and Rivers and Thompson, we have some depth at corner.

I want to see who will play inside on the DL along with Kromah. Will they try Avery Moss inside as a pass rusher? Will it be Jimmy Kitchen finally earning a spot? Or will it be some of the younger guys, (Squiric, Hagood)?

go guins:
I don't know Durden other than his Lowndes High School highlights as I see nothing available on USF time.  I don't want to downplay potential contributions from Dortch, Rivers and Thompson but they couldn't beat out the cooking show host for a starting spot and I don't think good ol' Julia Childs could cover me! 
Durden has good size but what were eligibility issues?
I have no idea about where for Moss, but somewhere is a pretty good bet!  Obviously more holes inside than DE, but maybe a DE goes to OL to further improve edge rush.  Best way to cover for secondary is pass rush.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version