YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fletcher Larson?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Pita:

it is one thing to think in your opinion, that Coach is not a good Coach, but...to call him a "bum" is very IGNORANT.

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: Pita on February 12, 2015, 08:26:33 PM ---0505

it is one thing to think in your opinion, that Coach is not a good Coach, but...to call him a "bum" is very IGNORANT.

--- End quote ---
Agreed. No "bum" would have 698 wins across all levels of college basketball.

penguinpower:
I heard that this guy (Slocum) has taken teams to some tournaments
I don't know the facts because I don't care about basketball.   However, consider that this guy (Slocum) has the lowest budget and really doesn't have a decent facility to help him in recruiting.  I've never liked our gym and still don't.   It is an antique with pull out bleachers.   The nicest thing is the physical court its self.  The guy has huge challenges in recruiting because of those two factors. 

Until the money amd facility issues are addressed nothing will change.   It will continue to slide every year a little worse (until our place looks like the Illinois state field house) you realize that you are visiting an antique court and then it will get through everyone's head the the damn place needs to be bulldozed.  As I said before.  Drop stupid basketball and send the money into football. The basketball court would make a nice tailgate lot.

Penguin Nation:
Running a clean program is a base expectation.  It is much like me telling my boss that I deserve a high five for showing up for work sober.

As was posted on the Fire Slocum thread, YSU spends >$1.3 M annually on MBB.  UWGB spends just under $1.4M.  In other words, UWGB spends ~6% more than us on MBB, and is 9-2 and tied for the lead in the HL.

Can we please dispense with the budget excuses?

I am fine with dropping to a lesser conference, or lower division.  I am fine with folding the MBB program and putting the >$1.3M toward FB or academics.  If you put it toward academics, it would likely immediately resolve the YSU faculty contract dispute.

I am NOT fine with the absurd misuse of University resources that is the current MBB program.  Either fix it or fold it.  Why is that concept so difficult for the inept AD to understand?

IAA Fan:
I am not sure UWGB is a good example to use; then maybe it is as they are normally no better than we are. Like us, MBB is not their primary sport.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version