YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Stadium Upgrades

<< < (6/6)

ysufan0505:
Stambaugh is so outdated... This isn't 1999 anymore. Time to pony up, get a new video board that shows HD replays.
Heck, Hubbard and Boardman once their new stadium is done this year will have a better video board than YSU now.
My understanding is that they needed to upgrade the lighting to be able to host playoff games that are nationally televised. Sound system also needs work.
And how about some cameras over on the home side stands? Wishful thinking....

go guins:
ysufan5050 I couldn't agree more.  The current video board is almost useless. Frankly they would probably cut down on the embarrassment by turning it off! 
I don't know what you do about camera location.  They want to show the bigger stands (hopefully full) from the side they use now, but for day games the glare makes the picture almost unwatchable.  I like to go home and watch the re-broadcast to see if it looked the same to the commentators as it did to me live.  I find it interesting, but then again, I find it interesting to write on these blogs (I NEED to get a life!)

mvfc penguin:
I have been told that preparation for the new scoreboard will take place during the spring and construction will take place during the summer. The new scoreboard will be comparable to those of Illinois State and South Dakota State.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on February 19, 2015, 01:16:46 PM ---Stambaugh is so outdated... This isn't 1999 anymore. Time to pony up, get a new video board that shows HD replays.
Heck, Hubbard and Boardman once their new stadium is done this year will have a better video board than YSU now.
My understanding is that they needed to upgrade the lighting to be able to host playoff games that are nationally televised. Sound system also needs work.

--- End quote ---

Probably more a comment on our city than anything I have heard in a while. Geez ...it is just HS. Yet people that graduated decades ago will be sitting there instead of preparing YSU tailgate food for Saturday. That being said, we need to be at 100-1ft candle-power. I could care less about the score board. I want to see score, down, time-out left and the second-clock.

ysuseasonticket:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on February 19, 2015, 01:16:46 PM ---Stambaugh is so outdated... This isn't 1999 anymore. Time to pony up, get a new video board that shows HD replays.

--- End quote ---

The understanding I get is that they're going to completely upgrade the camera booths on the east end of the stadium when they do the lights. I don't know if they're going to make one big one, but it would make sense if they do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version