YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ohio State RB Bri'onte Dunn May Transfer to YSU

<< < (7/10) > >>

go guins:
Funny how each of us sees things differently.  Actually I see one of Ruiz's strengths is not fumbling.  He lost 2 fumbles last season on 265 carries or .7%  To compare; Jody Webb lost fumbles on fully 3% of his carries. 
Still wish we had recruited a bigger RB.  Watched the HUDL video on the Erie recruit Bryce Boyd

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3969399/bryce-boyd

This was so familiar I went back and watched Ruiz’s senior video.  Frankly change the names and you’d never know the difference.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1045254/highlights

IAA Fan:
I completely agree on the need for a power run game and think Dunn could be the answer. Then again, he is not going to transfer to be only a short-yardage back. He has to assume a spot in Montgomery's offensive plan. I too am very happy with Ruiz and Webb. Too bad we lost Hymes ...he had a very smart running style that was great for short-yardage situations.

I think Webb is going to continue being what he is. His success is predicated on Ruiz. It is like changing pitchers in baseball, with a new pitcher having a different set of pitches than the starter. Like the relief pitcher, Webb really catches defenses off guard.

We can over-use Ruiz at times. This is where Dunn becomes huge for us (and any possible NFL career he may have).

ysufan0505:
Ruiz has a nice combination of power and speed. Dunn is a straight give the ball up the middle type of back. Webb has the issues holding onto the ball, but get him in space and it's over. I do like Ryan Moore as a power back. That kid is strong and showed nice flashes last year when the opportunity arose.

paladin:
I agree. Moore is under used as a power back. Kid is strong and packs a bang.

go guins:
I've been a big fan of Moore since his first spring game.  Don't know why he doesn't get more carries. Obviously 5-11 200 isn't the prototypical size for a "power back" but Ryan runs with much more of a power attitude than either Martin or Jody. 
You don't always notice the guys that do the little things on the field, but one of the players that we will miss more than we know is Nate Adams who played the blocking back on power run formations. Wonder who fills that roll?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version