YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Renewing rivalries with Akron and Kent State

<< < (2/2)

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 20, 2015, 05:10:53 PM ---We stopped playing Akron in football for very obvious and public reasons if you were around back then. We picked up Kent primarily as their replacement; although we had played them before.

If we agree to play either school without a return, I have a serious issue. Once agreed upon, the YSU game must be first. Also, reality check ...we would be .500 against Kent and below .500 against Akron. Big-6 money games need to be played as long as we can get them. Play Pitt every single year for all I care. Never an expectation to win and always a good pay check. Lose to Kent ...you will be replaced by a school that had a solid showing against a bigger school. Until we are a play-off regular ...the MAC is out.

Start knocking on Iowa State's door ...let's use our connection to displace UNI.

--- End quote ---

You are spot on!

DoubleE:
heard on the radio today that kent is doing a financial study on what sports to drop including possibly pulling a UAB

guinpen:
Heard the same thing, I would not be shocked if football was cut or dropped to NS. I do not know what the mac may or may not have to say about which sports are cut

Spiderlegs:
The big shakeup of D-I sports is just beginning. Note the comment on FCS. Some people want YSU in the FBS, but this is why we must be patient. There's a possibility that some schools in FBS could move down. Too early to tell.

http://www.ohio.com/news/local/kent-state-university-hires-consultant-to-assess-athletics-program-1.559799

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version