Author Topic: Invisible Championship  (Read 16333 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible Championship
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 04:14:07 PM »
At least the birds went down swinging.....
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 04:19:34 PM »
No excuse. That lame duck pass should have been a pick-6. The defender had no idea where the ball was. At that point, why did he not slam the receiver to the ground and take the 15?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:20:38 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 04:37:04 PM »
No excuse. That lame duck pass should have been a pick-6. The defender had no idea where the ball was. At that point, why did he not slam the receiver to the ground and take the 15?
You are exactly right..the prior 2 long passes on that drive were blowing coverages. Cant let that happen Redbird s gave that game away!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 06:24:08 PM »
Man, what a heck of a game! Congrats to the Bison!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 06:27:11 PM »
The Bison were holding the Redbird receiver in the end zone on the 2 point conversion.   It should have been an overtime game. Bad bad no call
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:28:13 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 07:15:10 PM »
Have to wonder if Pelini watched the game.  Slobber knocker.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 09:12:38 PM by penguinpower »

Offline Petey

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »
If some one could help me out here please. Had to tape the game and time on recording ran out just as birds had scored and missed two point attempt. Probably just less than 1 1/2 left? could someone give me a blow by blow how Bison scored after that please. Need to add half an hour on to any sporting event I tape this has happened twice now!! >:(

GOOOOOOO  GUINS!!!!!

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 04:47:36 PM »
Bison had 2 30+ yard passes on blown coverage, the second one the defender fell down then got up to tackle the reciever at the 4 yard line with 40 seconds left in the game. ISUr on both plays blitzed instead of sitting back in zone and got burned for it both times

Offline Petey

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 11:24:14 AM »
^^^^^ Thanks

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 04:52:56 PM »
DoubleE they did not blitz on that first one & that was their problem. Two linemen broke into the backfield but it was not designed. They second one was a blitz & that pass should have been intercepted and taken to the house ...it was such a bad pass. You could tell the NDSU QB was in "uncharted territory"; maybe having never run the 2-minute drill outside of practice. I would have gambled and sent everything in on every play.

The one nice thing about the game is that ISU exposed every weakness of NDSU & there are several.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 08:44:12 AM »
  I completely agree on FCS title meaning nothing to ESPN.  They spent as much time showing AT&T Stadium promoting last nights game as they did convering this game.

We need to be realistic, FCS football is not a big deal. Even some of our home games had less than 2000 fans.   I watched the YSU game at Illinois State, maybe 3 thousand.   Also for YSU, Ohio State doesn't help.   Now that they are defending national champs, they will be even more popular.  I know some here get mad when Ohio State is mentioned, but to the casual fan, watching Ohio State on TV is more appealing than watching YSU play teams they know nothing about.

I looked at ND State and Illinois State's roster, they are both young, especially at the skilled positions.  To be a real contender next year, and not just sneak into the playoffs, we need some 1-A transfers.   Also, South Dakota State is very young, they do lose the great back in Zenner.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 09:26:45 AM »
Another thing I took from the game is how vastly improve each team was from the time we played them. The extra weeks of preparation and game experience  for the M.V.C. teams is immeasurable. We are behind the 8 ball the following season before it ever gets started !!

Offline tjbison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 01:49:48 PM »
The one nice thing about the game is that ISU exposed every weakness of NDSU & there are several.

Bored today waiting to watch the east west shrine game and cruising the boards....but

Wow, they really exposed us didn't they pretty sad they still lost, so guess exposing isn't enough to beat us right?  With us being so untalented etc like everyoeveryone said isu with their fbs qb should have beat us easily with 2 minutes left right?

Don't give the fans credit, but the student athletes on this team work their as### off to get to this point every year, it's not a fluke like lots of people want to think, so hate us but the at least give the kids some respect

Fyi, Dudzik our SS started and played in all 61 games of his career, ends with a 58-3 record overall, 20-0 in playoffs and 4 rings. His only 3 losses were to MVFC teams, uni, Indiana St and ysu.  If you can't respect that then your not a sports fan
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:52:43 PM by tjbison »

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 03:24:39 PM »

Bored today waiting to watch the east west shrine game and cruising the boards....but

Wow, they really exposed us didn't they pretty sad they still lost, so guess exposing isn't enough to beat us right?  With us being so untalented etc like everyoeveryone said isu with their fbs qb should have beat us easily with 2 minutes left right?

Don't give the fans credit, but the student athletes on this team work their as### off to get to this point every year, it's not a fluke like lots of people want to think, so hate us but the at least give the kids some respect

Fyi, Dudzik our SS started and played in all 61 games of his career, ends with a 58-3 record overall, 20-0 in playoffs and 4 rings. His only 3 losses were to MVFC teams, uni, Indiana St and ysu.  If you can't respect that then your not a sports fan

TJ...I believe you would find that ALL YSU fans have great respect for the NDSU program as a whole.  The fact that someone here talks about the exposing of weaknesses is all our fan base and others has to look forward to.  Nothing in 1AAs post discredits NDSUs athletes.

Unfortunately, your fan base allows us to really dislike everything about your football program.  Relax dude, I know you're bored, but don't read so deeply into the comment.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 03:36:11 PM »

TJ...I believe you would find that ALL YSU fans have great respect for the NDSU program as a whole.  The fact that someone here talks about the exposing of weaknesses is all our fan base and others has to look forward to.  Nothing in 1AAs post discredits NDSUs athletes.

Unfortunately, your fan base allows us to really dislike everything about your football program.  Relax dude, I know you're bored, but don't read so deeply into the comment.

Great post...may I add?...

We know what championship football looks like.  We're were there as well.  We had teams with weaknesses but they found ways to cover it up.  Every team has a weaknes....seven more than others.