Author Topic: Some year-end ramblings  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Some year-end ramblings
« on: December 31, 2014, 08:36:40 AM »
Just some thoughts on this last day of 2014.

Into what mental institution would they have placed you had you insisted on New Year's Day, 2014, that by the last day of the year Jim Tressel would be the president of YSU and Bo Pelini would be our football coach?

Who would have believed at the start of 2014 that the women's basketball program, which struggled terribly late in 2013 under new coach John Barnes, would go on to win 22 games during calendar year 2014 and offer promise of even more success for the future?

Who would have expected on New Year's Day, 2014, that our Olympic programs, spearheaded by Brian Gorby's track athletes, would go on to win six championships during calendar year 2014, the best performance in the Horizon League?

But for you traditionalists who don't adjust to change very well and always seek consistency in your life, take heart and do not despair.  There is always men's basketball.

Spiderlegs

Re: Some year-end ramblings
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 07:38:38 PM »
Agree with 2/3.  WBB doesn't surprise me. Although the record of WBB this year exceeds my expectations, I think the anomaly was how rough the start was under Barnes, not the subsequent success. What's amazing to me is how cool Barnes remained during the rocky beginning.

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:28:26 AM »
2015 is shaping up to be an exciting year for Penguin fans.  My new years resolution is to attend more sporting events at YSU.  I let my dislike of Wolford effect how many games I attended.  My butt will be back in the seats for 2015... FB, MBB, and some WBB.  Go Guins!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 03:43:19 PM »
Great resolution RobMat! I think we have some good things in both basketball teams coming up in 2015. We have some interesting staff and recruit selections ...then our first taste of Pelini during spring in FB. I think baseball will prove interesting this year as well, after the confidence of a post-season win.

Happy New Year everyone in Penguinland!!!!