YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Assistant Coaches

<< < (2/40) > >>

paladin:
Stoops wasn't  used for local recruiting. He was there as a firewall for Wolf for  angry parents and coaches in the area who wondered why their local limited talent "star" wasn't recruited by YSU. Its going to get much funnier as delusional Youngstown folks expect a former Mooney player   now the coach at YSU  gets put on the hot seat to sign limited talents from Mooney and the area, thus dooming the football program he is supposed to lead to bigger and better things.  ;D

I'm telling you, its going to get funny as he11 around here.  8)

Observer:

--- Quote from: paladin on December 17, 2014, 08:29:02 PM ---Stoops wasn't  used for local recruiting. He was there as a firewall for Wolf for  angry parents and coaches in the area who wondered why their local limited talent "star" wasn't recruited by YSU. Its going to get much funnier as delusional Youngstown folks expect a former Mooney player   now the coach at YSU  gets put on the hot seat to sign limited talents from Mooney and the area, thus dooming the football program he is supposed to lead to bigger and better things.  ;D

I'm telling you, its going to get funny as he11 around here.  8)

--- End quote ---

I agree with this point.  But only to the extent if hes unable to recruit good players nationally, if he cant compete with the MAC in recruiting regionally, or the power 5 regionally then he's in a worse boat than Wolf was in because of the community perception.  Im curious as to what demands for "recruiting improvements" he will make and how much the end cost will be.

IAA Fan:
Paladin ...aside from the fact that you are a 'weenis' ...Mooney has about 3 (maybe 4) DI players a year. We will still get about 1% of those. I know this and care about HS football just about as much as I do a case of severe hemorrhoids. Everyone knows this ...including coach P.

The idea of this type of hire is to move up in the national pecking order for recruits. Which is why we hired Bo Pelini and not PJ Fecko. Most recruiting coordinators do not even coach, we should consider ourselves lucky.

paladin:
Pelini will be on the hot seat as he sinks or swims with who he brings in as staff. Several of Wolf's staff may  get preferential treatment as they have some local ties so the old boy network will be alive and well for awhile. Wolf got fired because of his poor choice of staff., especially on the D side, firing two DC over the years and never getting that side of the ball to contribute to the program.  But  they have great talent here now ( Wolf was a he11 of a recruiter). The challenge is to keep it coming or the program will fall in competitive level and in the MVFC the fall will be swift.  BTW, Pelini was not known as a strong recruiter, but he had a good staff with a school that has lots of $$$$$$$$$$ for FB and a solid alumni base who helped. He has none of that at YSU, so expect him to have problems early on.

Staff hires will be critical.

ysufan0505:
As long as Montgomery leaves I'm ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version