YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Assistant Coaches

<< < (35/40) > >>

NebraskaPenguin:
Lets_Talk.  I'm tired of the misinformation.  I admit that I know Carl, and I am bias, but everything I list here can be found with a little research.  That's what I did.  Paladin doesn't get it.  And you can make the stats say anything you want.  Let's go through the list.

When Carl took over Winnetonka they had won two games in 2 years.  He went 3-7, 3-7, and then 8-2 and was named Coach of the Year.  He left for Fitch, and Winnetonka made the playoffs two of the next three years.

Same story at Fitch.  When he took over, they had won 2 games the previous year.  They were bad.  He improved their numbers and established a program.  They won 3, 2 or 3 the second year, and went 6-4 his final year.  The next year, they were arguably one of the best teams in the state, with the same staff, and lost in the playoffs to McKinley.  Yes, the current coach must be good, but both schools would agree that they were better off after his tenure.

Next, DC at Minnesota State.  They hadn't won the previous year.  They started the season 1-6, and finished 6-6.  They defeated Nebraska Omaha, ranked first in the country, in the final game.  His defense was dominant.

At Ohio, he was defensive line coach for Frank Solich.  We know the job that staff has done there, and it was during his time that they went to their first bowl game in 30 years.  His defensive line and three first team, and six total all-conference performers.   

At Nebraska, when Carl was here, we were ranked in the top ten in almost every category during the entire five years he was here.  I can't even count the number of all-Americans he had while coordinator, and I have heard many of them attribute their success to his coaching. These numbers were never equaled after his departure.

As for all the rumors and innuendos of what happened at FAU, all of you are incorrect.  It amazes me.  It's like the old "telephone game."  Paladin made all that up.  I won't even respond to him.  What I do know is that if and when he returns to coaching, all of this will become clear with the information that will be released.

Finally, he did not "apply" for high school coaching jobs.  He wanted to stay near his son, and "inquired" about what he would have to do to re-certify.  He hasn't taught in over ten years, and the amount of continuing education that would be required was substantial, despite his two masters degrees.  He decided not to go that route.

I want to be a fan.  I would love to stay a member to keep up on Bo.  But I can't stand the misinformation that is being passed on as fact. 

guinpen:
Thanks NP.

As most people have seen there is a small group that just keep repeating and repeating and repeating their facts. Not sure what their motives are and to a degree I really do not care. I figured out a long time ago that these type of folks are usually short on facts and hope that if they say it enough it must be true.

But it is a free country and if it makes them feel better then have at it. On my side I can choose to not read posts from certain posters.

IAA Fan:
Please keep this thread to the subject at hand ...coaches and coaching. No religion, no socially-relevant issues. If you need a reason why ...here is one of many...because I do not care and it is my board. If you want to bash Carl Pelini (a man not even employed at YSU) or coach Brown. go to the other board or better yet ...another site. If you have concerns about them fine, say it and move on.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: NebraskaPenguin on February 26, 2015, 03:37:05 PM ---Lets_Talk.  I'm tired of the misinformation.  I admit that I know Carl, and I am bias, but everything I list here can be found with a little research.  That's what I did.  Paladin doesn't get it.  And you can make the stats say anything you want.  Let's go through the list.

When Carl took over Winnetonka they had won two games in 2 years.  He went 3-7, 3-7, and then 8-2 and was named Coach of the Year.  He left for Fitch, and Winnetonka made the playoffs two of the next three years.

Same story at Fitch.  When he took over, they had won 2 games the previous year.  They were bad.  He improved their numbers and established a program.  They won 3, 2 or 3 the second year, and went 6-4 his final year.  The next year, they were arguably one of the best teams in the state, with the same staff, and lost in the playoffs to McKinley.  Yes, the current coach must be good, but both schools would agree that they were better off after his tenure.

Next, DC at Minnesota State.  They hadn't won the previous year.  They started the season 1-6, and finished 6-6.  They defeated Nebraska Omaha, ranked first in the country, in the final game.  His defense was dominant.

At Ohio, he was defensive line coach for Frank Solich.  We know the job that staff has done there, and it was during his time that they went to their first bowl game in 30 years.  His defensive line and three first team, and six total all-conference performers.   

At Nebraska, when Carl was here, we were ranked in the top ten in almost every category during the entire five years he was here.  I can't even count the number of all-Americans he had while coordinator, and I have heard many of them attribute their success to his coaching. These numbers were never equaled after his departure.

As for all the rumors and innuendos of what happened at FAU, all of you are incorrect.  It amazes me.  It's like the old "telephone game."  Paladin made all that up.  I won't even respond to him.  What I do know is that if and when he returns to coaching, all of this will become clear with the information that will be released.

Finally, he did not "apply" for high school coaching jobs.  He wanted to stay near his son, and "inquired" about what he would have to do to re-certify.  He hasn't taught in over ten years, and the amount of continuing education that would be required was substantial, despite his two masters degrees.  He decided not to go that route.

I want to be a fan.  I would love to stay a member to keep up on Bo.  But I can't stand the misinformation that is being passed on as fact. 

--- End quote ---

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000^^

:D It's awesome that it took an outsider to point out that Pally, FEVER, Lets talk and a few others are full of sh** LOL!!! ::)

Lets_Talk:
1AA Fan,

You are an a$$. You are correct, this is your board. But, if you are going to move a topic, at least move the ENTIRE TOPIC. Do not single out the posts of a few people and move those, and then leave the rest of the thread open. That is total BULLsh**.

There was NO POLITICS in my comments. NO POLITICS in the comments of Paladin, Observer or FOOTBALLFEVER.

And, it is complete bullsh** for you to start a new thread in the BS section, but make it as if I started the thread, and thus I cannot delete the first post in that thread. YOU started the thread that is now in the BS section, not me. What a freaking joke.

Your board is a joke. Please remove EVERY user name you have saved for me. The fact you do not allow people to remove their user names is a joke. That allows you to boast of having tens or hundreds more users than the board actually has. If 1 person has used 4,5,6 different user names, that is ONE USER, not 4,5,6. If a person has stopped posting, and wants to delete their account but cannot, that is a person who is no longer active.

Why are you and others so bothered by legitimate discussions about Bo Pelini, Ron Brown and now Carl Pelini. Do you really think these issues are going to go away. This IS part of YSU football and YSU athletics. This is what YSU get's for hiring Bo Pelini and Ron Brown. It comes with the territory when making controversial hires and hiring HIGH PROFILE COACHES that have run into problems at previous jobs. All you are doing is proving just how small time YSU and FCS football truly are, because the discussions being had about Bo, Ron Brown and Carl Pelini are commonplace on message boards of major programs, even major programs at the FCS level. And, they are sure as hell common on FBS boards. Making this all the more ridiculous, is all the people that post on here wanting YSU to move up to FBS. Newsflash, you could NEVER handle having a board for an FBS program.

Please, please, please delete EVERY post I have ever made on this board. I will go ahead and ban myself once the posts have been deleted, but I cannot delete the account. Only you can do that. I am BEGGING you to delete the account. So, will you delete the account, or have me stop posting, but then keep the account on the list of user names, to make it appear this board has considerably more users that the actually number of users?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version